PDA

View Full Version : New Portfolio Pieces

alexanimator
10-19-2007, 05:26 AM
Hey everyone,
It's been a good 6 weeks since I last posted. I'm making a completely new reel with all new animations. I decided I needed 12 animations to do and choose from to make it onto my 1 minute reel. Each animation is trying to convey a different emotion.

I'm going to post 2 of the 12 I'm currently working on in this post. I would greatly appreciate any feedback anyone can give. If you can get the emotion without asking me, then I've done my job. I realize these are in the pop through stage, but I wanted to get opinions early enough to get crits, but not too early that you can't see what's going on.

I'll stop talking now and just post the links. The emotions are in the name, but try to look past that and see if the motion conveys what I'm going for.

http://www.hagbros.com/DEPRESSED_ib_render.mov

http://www.hagbros.com/EXHAUSTED_ib_ren.mov

Thanks again in advance, and the last time I posted any work, I got a lot of good, crits and ideas. Keep em' comin.

ankheilw
10-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi Alex,

I am having trouble getting the feel and the timing of your shot. If you are going to show the stepped poses for your character, I would really push each pose more and have fewer of them. Also, if you are going solely for emotion, with no dialogue, I would try to add in facial expressions. Also, try, putting linear curves on the keys so that we can see the motion a bit. This is easier for the viewer and you can switch them back to stepped when you refine.

The hat / visor that the character is wearing also seems to interfere with your poses. The way you are shooting the character, we see his face through the visor a lot. Could you push the camera off to the side or remove the visor so we can focus on the body and facial poses?

Good start and a ver ambitious task.

Good luck

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2007, 02:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.