PDA

View Full Version : character walk cycle

tubby
04-10-2003, 07:40 AM
hey guys I recently finished a simple walk cycle of a fairly new character. I rendered it in three parts and it seems the video is missing a frame each time the camera turns, hope its not too jarring. any comments?:)

http://www.puhalacg.com/panim/walk.mov

PANZER
04-10-2003, 03:34 PM
nice ..you've got a normal walk there.. now go on and make another type of walk!> good job!.. nice model tho.!

tubby
04-11-2003, 01:24 AM
thnx PANZER:), I'm currently animating a small scene with this character, maybe after I'll make different stlye walks, that would be interesting!:)

lmc
04-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Yup, really nice model, hehe......the anime overall looks good.....just as wat PANZER say:- hmm....try other coz u done very well at normal walk liao....:applause:

elastic
04-14-2003, 11:08 PM
that's a pretty bitchin cycle you've got going there, tubby. No flaws that I picked up on - just thought it would be cool to have his head travel in a small circle (in the side view), instead of straight back and forward. Also... I think this character is just screaming to walk with his hands :airguitar just a thought.

tubby
04-15-2003, 11:53 PM
thanks lmc and elastic:) hey that's a great idea, like a creepy creature crawl/walk. once i'm done with the current scene I'll try and animate him more as a creature rather than humanoid, it would be interesting to try and act out both. I think i understand what you mean about the head, to make it look like its rolling more in a circular motion instead of the forward and back motion, I'll give it a try. :)

SHARPART
04-17-2003, 05:29 AM
Nice model!
But I think the body was short of undulate.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.