PDA

View Full Version : Ct - Magus - Wip

RISKBREAKER
04-10-2003, 06:44 AM
OK fellas, heres my latest venture into trying to make an anime head. Wanted to make it to the likes of Magus (Chronotrigger). I want to put edge draw in the render, but this renders the whole head's outline and cuts through the hair (top bit of the head).

I'll get on with the rest of the body when i get enough ref pics. I did this one out of memory.
Is it close to anime?

RISKBREAKER
04-10-2003, 06:45 AM
Alright heres what i mean about the edge render.

Da Bourz
04-10-2003, 06:55 AM
Very nice !!:bounce:

dani
04-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Hi!

This is really good looking, it reminds me of this DragonBall dude... arg! forgot his name.

Hum, can this edge problem be considered as a bug? It looks like if blender searches if ztransp is activated, and if activated he'll draw the edges thorugh that material, no matter what's opacity of the texture.
I think it can be improved.

Shall I report?

Dani

JA-forreal
04-10-2003, 11:13 AM
Cool toon render riskbreaker. I have to try that toon render stuff sometime.

RISKBREAKER
04-15-2003, 05:33 AM
Sorry for the late reply folks :)

Thanks for the cooments. As for the bug report, sure go mention it, is there some sort of thing you have to fill out for that anyways? Or do you just go to Blender.org and mention it in the forum?
it reminds me of this DragonBall dude... arg! forgot his name

Cool, Im getting close to the style then, coz the guys responsible for Chronotrigger where also responsible for Dragon Ball Z :D

Apollux
04-15-2003, 05:29 PM
There is another thread in here called 'how mist work' that address the same bug that you are having.

In the mean time, if you want toon-edge then why not to try the same way that they used for the SkateGirl, looks pretty neat and you don't have to deal with Z settings at all.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53646

here you can find an explanation on how it is done, however, they (we) forgot to mention that for the trick to really work you need to disable the flipping of the vertex normals at render time. There is a button just for that on the edit buttons, second colum from the left, second button from the top -on Blender 2.26, in other versions there is the same button, but may be in a different location.

dani
04-15-2003, 08:10 PM
Apollux: The "skate girls technique" or inverted normals only works for real time cel shading. The easiest way to trace edges is using the edge render option.

Dani

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.