PDA

View Full Version : WIP reel in need for feedback

avneriginal
10-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Hi all,

I found out that one of the studios here in Melbourne is looking for interns for next year. The closing date is pretty soon so I decided to give it a shot.

I put together a work in progress reel and I could really use some feedback and crits about what works and what doesn't before I apply.

Any comments, suggestions or thoughts are welcome.

http://www.avneriginal.com/blog/demo-reel/

Cheers

Tad Ghostal
10-25-2007, 01:10 PM
You have some pretty solid work on your reel, here's something that stands out to me:

When the guy grabs the hot doorknob, I'd exaggerate more how much it actually hurts is hand. Right now it looks like it just stings a bit, and with that menacing black smoke coming in I'd expect it to be an inferno on the other side.

LiannaS
10-28-2007, 09:12 PM
it's getting there, but it definitely needs some tweaking here and there. The first walk cycle, the far hand has a bit of unnatural motion to it, try toning it down (even if it's the same animation as the other side, sometimes the angle will distort the animation a bit) try to animate 'to the camera'. Also, you might want to try to smooth out your four legged cycle, it looks a bit jerky like it has some linear tangents somewhere they shouldn't be. Try to go through your demo again and eliminate any pops from your exercises. Your weight lift was quite good, as was the last exercise on the reel.

It might help to get it looked over by someone who works as an animator already, because they tend to see things that us newbies might miss. Good luck on the internship!

CGTalk Moderation
10-28-2007, 09:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.