View Full Version : Ninja Flip

thehive
10-17-2007, 01:27 PM
hey guys started this last night let me know thanks

http://transonicaviation.com/ninja2.mov

mayabinary
10-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Hey thr

I think its looking nice:applause:. Few things I would suggest here..

1. After this preliminary kick in the beginning..I mean the start at around frame 5 his one leg is in air and he tries to jump back..I think it would be better to make him settle and then anticipate into a flip.

2.I also have noticed the arms of the character which seem to be having a common problem of twinning...Check principle of animation..once if required..u need to avoid this similarity of both sides..

3.Check for the curve he is on...he seems to be going a little off curve in flip around fram 15 onwards...seems as if his waist has been nailed suddenly and its rotating around

4.Frame 18 his hand seems messed up....check left arm.

5.Frame 21 his left foot...

6.Frame 30 the arm enters the foot

Check for these small issues..it will look good...and u may also work on its...overall beat..u may flip it swoooosh...ffast. and then...slow down and avoid that motion blur for now :)

al the best..:thumbsup:
*SaNdY

thehive
10-17-2007, 05:47 PM
lol i didnt see the arm thing , good catch lol yea im goin to refine her tonight an kill the trail. thanks for the input

mistasam02
10-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Your poses are nice, but the timing is wierd. Try having her jump higher for the flip.. she needs to hold longer in the air and come down faster at the end. Not much though, only a few frames difference. When upside down, her upper body rotates back, then forward again really quick and it looks like a twitch. Also try keeping her moving *slightly at the end as a resolution after the followthrough. It just ends too abruptly. Overall it looks good! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

thehive
10-19-2007, 08:58 PM
thanks yea im workin on that

peterhorvath
10-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Hi hive!

I just dont understand the frames 4-5-6. The upper body rotate extremly left, the left foot jump a little bit into the air (maybe try to hold at least the fingers of that foot on the floor), and the shoulders turn back into a "painful angle". But my biggest problem is with the break between the frames 6 and 7. There is a very quick turn of the upper body. I think there would be place for one more inbetween.

(about the end of it next time, if you need)

Anyway, it will be a great anim. I like it!

So let's go for!

thehive
10-20-2007, 04:02 PM
hey guys heres an update, same name but its updated sorry bout that but let me know

http://transonicaviation.com/ninja2.mov

eagleeyeadvertising
10-20-2007, 11:06 PM
hi, i like the poses and animation good work on 2nd one.
http://www.youtube.com/ashusmotion

mistasam02
10-22-2007, 07:18 PM
It's better, but your landing still seems too slow to me. Very smooth fluid motion all around though. Keep it up!

thehive
10-22-2007, 07:34 PM
yea im goin to work on that to night, see how it gose

thehive
10-23-2007, 01:51 PM
heres an update , let me know http://transonicaviation.com/ninja3.mov

dam! i jus saw that Fg messed up the render dont know how i didnt catch that oh well ill fix that before get on the demo

mijaba
10-30-2007, 03:54 PM
that was sweet! great job! was that mocap or keyframe?

dARCKLOWN
11-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Looks pretty good dude but she still has some unatural hangtime in the air, a back flip like that would be one smooth movement, up then down as gravity takes over.

Also the kind of boing! thing she does at the end looks kind of weird.

kcfang
11-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Hello,

I really like the dynamic you have in the shot. I think the little helt in mid-air is still the main issue. A few suggestion I have would be at the begining where she bent to anticipate, I would suggest having both of her foot down on the floor, I think it would be really hard to back flip with one foot raised and having both feet on the ground would seem mnore convincing as she would need all the push she can get to do that back flip.

I like it that in the 3rd version you changed it so the right leg is straighten before landing and bent only after landing. You could try straighten it out a frame or 2 before she land, it might read more clearly.

I would also suggest the body begin to turn up towards her landing, I dont think the body would still be pointing downwards after a back flip, I may be wrong as I am no Ninja, maybe you could find reference clip on youtube or try act it out, more or less, to see what feels more nature.

Cant wait to see your next version :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-12-2007, 06:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.