PDA

View Full Version : YafRay Render Test

JA-forreal
04-10-2003, 12:30 AM
This is my little YafRay render test at 16AA samples with uv bump maps and specular maps.-

http://rendermonitor.no-ip.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=261#261

Da Bourz
04-10-2003, 07:50 AM
I prefer the second one, the non Yaf render.
The Yafray render is too "flat"

RISKBREAKER
04-10-2003, 08:01 AM
I kinda disagree.

The first may be a bit dull, but its got more of an artistic feel to it. The second looks way artificial and seemingly like a screenshot of a realtime scene. The first has a subtle but noticeable atmosphere while the second has an intensely clean feel to it.

Nice renders.

JA-forreal
04-10-2003, 11:51 AM
Thanks for your comments.

When I have more time I will tweak the lighting for these test scenes artisticly. I set these up as a render lab of sorts and the techniques that I gather from the test will be applied to my real work projects. The quick 45 minutes I spent for mapping preparation is but optimum but acceptable. Testing render settings takes time out of my regular workflow. But any project renders that I make with Blender or YafRay are worthwhile. Blender takes anything I throw at it. I usually composite my renders in passes in Painter, etc. So I don't worry about the levels that come out of the raw Blender render. And I have used the renders as they are for alot of my simple setups.

Yafray renders that use only hemi light and sun or point light are fast, easy to setup and look great instantly without all the photon tuning. I'll do a render with simple Yafray lights later.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.