PDA

View Full Version : First Robot Animation. WIP For Short Animation Film.

{-=Jaxx=-}
10-15-2007, 10:35 PM
This is my robot i created to use in a little movie i am currently creating.

It has taken me 3 days to model rig and texture him, I did this little scene in HDTV quality which looks great fullscreen on my computer but youtube has to compress my video.

Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNxGEDGOZSA

I know its not perfect and there are quite a few flaws but i thought i would post it here to see what everyone thinks, i have about 2 months worth of experience in 3d max and its all self taught.

tjc19999
10-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Jaxx, good job on the model. My first model for animation/rigginf was also a robot. I don't like how the right arm has the same animation as the left. Though I wouldn't like to see it just doing nothing. When the claw goes to pickup the cylinder you need to parent the cylinder to the claw. Make two object and have one disappear and the other apper when the claw grabs it. That's all for now.
-TJ

{-=Jaxx=-}
10-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks tjc, I know what you mean about the right arm having the same animation, but i just wanted to test all the animation for each part of the robot, and thanks for the idea about the cylinder, at first i parented it but it was stuck to his hand from the beggining of the animation so i didnt know what to do, but i understand what your saying about making a copy, parent it and make invisible until i need it to move.

Thanks again for your reply.

CGTalk Moderation
10-16-2007, 12:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.