PDA

View Full Version : Newbie's question : Rig a Static Character

kuks
10-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Hello guys! I have a simple question for you
I just finished to model and sculpt a Human Character, it's about 10K, it has a lot of details and it's gonna be rendered using a Displacement map created in Zbrush.

The target is a Still image so I need to rig the character only for a single pose.

It's the first time that i play with Skeleton/Skin tools and I don't have any experience about it. I did some test but I never reached a good result, the model deform always in a bad way.

I would like to learn a clear and fast approach to the creation of a "pose" for a static rendering. Everyone that could share its own workflow or working method will be welcome.

Please help!

shinyprem
10-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Hi..
Place a joint where ever you like to bend it and continue from the shoulder to wrist.... like that select the joints root and the mesh... In the Skin>bind skin>smooth bind.. with options.... bind to>>>>joint hierarchy and max influence 3. Hope you can pose your character.

Rgds,

kuks
10-18-2007, 11:27 PM
Thank you, I found a good way to pose my character using Smooth Skin + Artisan...
I was not satisfied by the default settings.

CGTalk Moderation
10-18-2007, 11:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.