PDA

View Full Version : Importing 3DSmax 3 files in XSI 2.0 ?

toma
04-10-2002, 07:30 PM
Hi all,

I am currently working on setting up all the graphics content of a video game I have been working on during 2 years, and that we are finally selling to another video games Company.

The fact is that I still do not know if that company will use XSI or Maya. So I ask this question in both Maya and Softimage section of this forum.

Would anyone know if this is possible to import max files in XSI or to export XSI files from Max ? And how does it work for textures ? I have to test if it can be easily achieved.

Well thank you by advance and see you soon !
toma.

machuc
04-10-2002, 07:36 PM
Heya toma, go to this link:

http://www.softimage.com/download/xsi/converters/

There-s a plugin called dotXSI4MAX... haven-t tryied it tho (im not a max user), download it and give it a try!

hope it helps.

ciao.

toma
04-10-2002, 07:39 PM
WOW what a rocket !

I just asked that 3 minutes ago and you have already answeared...

Thanks a lot, i'm going to try it.
I'll post my impressions there as I test.
Thanks infinitely !

toma.

Steve3d
04-13-2002, 04:51 PM
That converter only export dotXSI from 3dsmax, and can not make u import max files to XSI.:(

Atyss
04-13-2002, 08:02 PM
@@@@
That converter only export dotXSI from 3dsmax, and can not make u import max files to XSI.:(
@@@@

Imho it works like a charm, the only problem is that the exporter tesselates all polygons. It's not a real advantage to be able to import a max file into XSI.

Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.