PDA

View Full Version : Arrangment

cheney
04-09-2003, 04:29 PM
I created the following entirely from scratch except for the one font type I used twice in the image. This was my first attempt at creating a folded dynamic reflective velvet texture in Photoshop.

The original 6000x4000px can be seen here (http://www.createdbycheney.com/posters/arrangment.jpg). The color on the larger original image is created under a different RGB format for printing, so it will appear a bit differently. But, the correct color appearance appears in the smaller image below for digital display.

http://www.createdbycheney.com/posters/cheney_Arrangment_1500x1000_jpg.jpg

cheney
04-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Maybe the image is too large, because none of you are replying. Somebody could atleast tell me how much it sucks.

ZeroNeuro
04-11-2003, 10:55 PM
THis is nice. I liek the colors, and the mood. It reminds me of rpg game art :)

:thumbsup:

quinox
04-11-2003, 10:59 PM
1) It ain't too big for me
2) Overall: great pic!

2a) Its only a bit... clean (ie the wooden background)
2b) the tips of the swords are very very very weird
2c) The 'hair' of the helmet sucks...
2d) 'glowing' of the metal -- great!
2e) Woodtexture is a bit weird where 2 parts meet

Kirt
04-12-2003, 01:12 AM
For me it's difficult to see the whole picture without scrolling. Size your images for viewing on 1024x768 (it's pretty much a standard).

From what I saw, I would suggest varying the end of the bottom-most tapestry. Even if it is straight across when laid flat, you would have highs and lows on the edge due to perspective.

Did you paint all that wood texture too or is that a used texture?

cheney
04-12-2003, 02:45 AM
The hair does appear very strange in this reduced version. Its because I created it through a series of layerd bevels, so it looks extremely different in the original super large image.

I created all the textures from scratch within the actual image. This includes all wood, background, drapery, objects, and lighting. Everything in here is entirely original to the image except for the font used.

I don't really paint anything in my images. I entirely just use a combinaion of beveling and texture map molding. Painting is nice for making more natual complex shapes and quick ideas, but painting is horrible for making textures or photo realistic lighting.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.