PDA

View Full Version : Aspiring Level Designer looking for good reference

RonReezy
10-12-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm a college student who is taking an Intermediate Drawing class. We have an ongoing independant project where we pick an artist from the past and draw 'in the style' of that artist.

Since I would like to one day work on video game environments, I'm taking this as an oppurtunity to gather reference for buildings and how others and I interpret them. I picked Canaletto and Piranesi as my older artists to refer to, but now I must find a contempory artist active after 1945.

I guess what I'm here asking is what are some good artists active after 1945 (that have books of their work) that I can use to guide me in learning how to draw architecture and scenery. Are there any level designers or level concept artists out there that have any good artitists they looked at for reference and inspiration?

yann22
10-14-2007, 11:43 AM
How about Edward Hopper (http://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/2007/hopper/index.shtm) ?

His work is referenced extensively in film, e.g. Road to Perdition, and I think it could be inspirational for level design as well.

CGTalk Moderation
10-14-2007, 11:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.