PDA

View Full Version : Gnome done in photoshop

JahnkeKong
04-09-2003, 02:41 AM
Very nervous, but here is my first attempt at painting in photoshop. C&C of all types is very welcome!

http://scastudent1.hdigi.com/JenJahnke/gnome.jpg

yellowworm
04-09-2003, 03:28 AM
not bad at all!
has a soft pastel feel to it.
even children's book-esque.

more clouds, air detail in the background would
have added tons of depth...

:)

JahnkeKong
04-09-2003, 03:56 AM
Air detail meaning just more clouds? More color gradiation? Not sure what you mean here. And I agree, its funny once I threw the picture up in the forums, I immediately saw some stuff to change, and one was the sky is too boring!

yellowworm
04-09-2003, 04:01 AM
once I threw the picture up in the forums, I immediately saw some stuff to change,

totally understand!
that happens to me every time!

:)

air detail ---> paint in some different hues
of your sky color, very subtle, but just enough
to make it look as though they wern't dropped in front
of a blue background. and clouds could help too.

:beer:

lindavanbruggen
04-09-2003, 09:39 AM
I like it, because the drawing is very flat.

This drawing belongs in a fairytale book!:applause:

tomG
04-09-2003, 10:31 AM
its a nice one .... but i'll prefer much more details. take care about the shadows. the image looks a bit to flat.

keep going and post more for us!

lindavanbruggen
04-09-2003, 10:35 AM
let's say that the flatness is a bit of a taste for people.

:beer:

But again definetely nothing wrong with the flat effect.

tomG
04-09-2003, 10:40 AM
you'r right linda! :beer:

JahnkeKong
04-09-2003, 08:47 PM
Thanks everyone for the critiques, I can already see some improvements.

Linda -- I agree, I like the flat look, but at the same time, I wasn't going for a very flat look, so I tried to make it look as if it had a little more depth.

N. Lint -- thanks for the advice on the sky, I think what I added conveys the mood a little more then what I had, hope it doesn't come across as cheesey though, hehehe.

More C&C would be welcome, I think the body still needs some work (the ogre), but I'm not sure what to do. It just doesn't look finished to me. What do you guys think?

http://scastudent1.hdigi.com/JenJahnke/gnome1.jpg

JahnkeKong
04-09-2003, 08:59 PM
lol I was looking at my old versus new version, and I appreciate the flatness even more now. :surprised

But I also like the depth of the new sky :)

JahnkeKong
04-10-2003, 10:58 PM
heheh, I didn't realize how this would be updated/changed so much or I would have put it in the WIP forum, sorry mods!

Anyways here's the latest changes I made to the picture. One thing I'm not too sure about is the color changes I made to the shading on the gnome (guy in yellow). Would appreciate any feedback folks would like to give, positive or negative.

http://scastudent1.hdigi.com/JenJahnke/gnome2.jpg

fourd
04-10-2003, 11:00 PM
Thats cool. Nice image for a first try. I really like this poick, and as some-one said very booky oriented.

yellowworm
04-11-2003, 01:44 AM
thi sky is mych more dynamic now!
good job!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.