PDA

View Full Version : ikRPsolvers issue

myceliom
10-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Hi guys,

I'm no rigging expert and having to sort of learn on the fly with a project in work. I'ts a simple character rig and its all working quite well..I'm using ikRPsolvers on the arms and legs..and all is fine.
But when I close the file down and reopen, the transforms on the limbs have gone slightly hay-wire and not in the positions they were left in when saved. Is there anything obvious I'm doing wrong?

Cheers for any help!

***sorry for the double post!!***

anthonymcgrath
10-11-2007, 11:42 AM
had this prob myself in the past. Could never really suss out why but I found setting a keyframe on elements I didn't want to shift tended to lock em in place. It was a temp solution to something tho :/

myceliom
10-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks mate - it seems to have stopped doing it now strangely....but the problem reoccurs if I detach the skin from the rig and then re-bind - the mesh does not follow the joints....it just goes a bit crazy...I guess I just do not understand the ikRPsolvers as its the limbs that have the issues not the spine, head etc.

refract
10-12-2007, 08:33 AM
"the problem reoccurs if I detach the skin from the rig and then re-bind - the mesh does not follow the joints....it just goes a bit crazy"

Delete that nasty bind pose from the Hypershade.

If you add or remove joints by removing the skin, and not removing the bind pose then the skin will basically remember its old bind position.

anthonymcgrath
10-12-2007, 08:37 AM
you shouldn't really need to delete the bindpose but if its working for you cool - maya just creates a new one when you re-skin but you'll run into probs trying to return to previous skinning position on other previously skinned joints if you do that so be careful.

CGTalk Moderation
10-12-2007, 08:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.