PDA

View Full Version : Ramping in and out of smoothcam

Kokosing
10-09-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm using smoothCam to lock off a characters face and create a bodymount look (the smoothcam only tracks the face)

I'd like to ramp in and out of the effect, but I'm not sure how to write this expression.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

W

NickJushchyshyn
10-09-2007, 11:03 PM
After you've run your analysis....
Add a user variable to the node (right click in an empty area of the paramaters panel and choose "Create Local Variable")
.. let's call it "ControlRamp"
.. make it a float variable
.. slider low should be zero
.. slider hi should be 1

Now ...
Go to your new variable (expand the "localParameters" group at the bottom of teh Parameters1 tab) and click the clock to add the variable to the curve editor.
Go ahead and use the curve editor to design your ramp .... be sure to keep all values between one and zero ... zero is off/one is on.

To finish, expand each of your motion parameters and add the following text before the word "Linear" in each one.... "ControlRamp * "

This will multiply the smooth adjustment by your ControlRamp values ... forcing them to zero (nothing) when your ramp is zero .. and leaving them set as calculated (multiplied by one) when your ramp is set to one. The float values in your ramp between zero and one will ease the effect in and out.

Hope this helps.
Have fun.

Kokosing
10-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks. I learned alot doing that.

W

CGTalk Moderation
10-10-2007, 02:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.