PDA

View Full Version : Pwraper as Pos.Obj emiter.

grury
10-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi all.
Is there a way of using a PWrapper mesh as a PFlow Position Object emiter?
I managed to get it working using PArray, but with PFlow, the PWrapper mesh suddenly disapears.

cheers

jigu
10-08-2007, 01:28 PM
If your pwrapper isn't animated then take a "snapshot" of it and use that mesh as position object in pflow.

grury
10-08-2007, 01:49 PM
If your pwrapper isn't animated then take a "snapshot" of it and use that mesh as position object in pflow.
thats the problem, my Wrapper is animated. I did try point cache but for the same reason it doesnt work.

OlegB
10-08-2007, 04:25 PM
The reference geomtry for Position Object operator has to have constant topology - which is not the case with PWrapper mesh.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

grury
10-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks once more Oleg.

grury
10-14-2007, 12:11 PM
I guess, for the same reason, its not possible to use mapping coord.??
Imagine a PWrapper mesh, with some slime texture applied to it..then I want to collapse the mesh and the material to follow it. Any ideas I could I achieve this. I tried animating the UVW to follow the collapse of the mesh, but its not good enough.

Thanks

Airflow
10-26-2007, 10:19 PM
You would need to have a script, that creates an "active" mesh on a given frame and hides/deactivates it on the previous and following frame. Your scene file would be huge but it would work. Too bad i cant script :)

grury
10-27-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm not much of a scripter myself, so had to improvise as I could.. animated the UVW gizmo, it kinda worked, not ideal, but will have to do.

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2007, 12:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.