PDA

View Full Version : Simple Bouncing Ball Test (please critique)

kernond
10-07-2007, 09:35 PM
This my first bouncing ball test and I would like to get some constructive crits. Thanks!

Bouncing Ball Test (mov) (http://www.blendernewbies.com/anim_tests/bouncing_ball_001.mov)

RHansen
10-07-2007, 10:47 PM
coming along pretty good man, at the end of it, when the ball hits the wall and lands again, I would add some more smaller bounces and get it to roll back a bit more, it seems to get heavy all of a sudden and just stops

I would also add in some more squash and stretch into it, you've got some squash on the main landings, but add some stretch as it takes back off, etc

kernond
10-07-2007, 11:12 PM
thanks!

I'm concerned about making it look too cartoonish but, I'll try adding some stretch effects. I agree about the ending, that was the hard part :). It does seem to lose a bit of energy too quickly...

RHansen
10-08-2007, 06:56 AM
you're very welcome :)

As for not wanting it to be to cartoony, you don't need to add much stretch to get the 'feel' of it there, just a little bit, experiment with it a bit :)

to figure out the ending, try lightly tossing a ball at a wall and see how it reacts!

kernond
10-09-2007, 02:11 AM
I'll make some adjustments. Actually, I'm hoping to make this thing continuously grow in size. Kind of like an animated history of skill-building where each addition has the ball encountering different scenarios. We'll see...

I do other things so, there won't be daily updates but I do intend to keep at it. I really want to take the "bouncing ball" scene as far as I can.

CGTalk Moderation
10-09-2007, 02:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.