PDA

View Full Version : animated fractal speed is too fast

anony
10-07-2007, 06:39 PM
hi
i'm trying to create a night sky with stars
i've created the sky with a nurb sphere and granit texture with a little bit of glow
(granit outAlpha --> sphere's shader glowIntensity)
but i want the glow to be slightly animated, so i connected a fractal texture the
"shaderGlow1.halloIntensity" (maya default shader glow) and checked the "animated"
option in the fractal attributes

but it seems that no matter what the fractal settings are, the speed of the fractal animation
is too fast.
("Starnight_03_fractalConnectedToGlow.time = (frame * 0.0001) / 40;" still fast!)

1. how can i slow it down?

2. how can i control the intensity separately than the speed?

3.can i create another shader glow additional to maya's default? so i can have a moon's shader glow and a star's shader glow?

sorry for my english, any help will be appreciated

anony
10-08-2007, 06:13 AM
ok, problem 1 and 2 solved. i have a cloud texture connected to the color gain that has an animation.
i didn't notice it's animated. it's an old file and i didn't remember that i have two animation "controlers"

well, question 3 is still relevant...

Soviut
10-13-2007, 03:32 AM
If you can help it, add glow in post, not in the shader. Then you don't have to re-render to adjust glow settings.

Render out footage of the stars, footage of the moon, and then layer them in After Effects/Combustion/Shake/etc., add glows and adjust them independantly.

anony
10-14-2007, 09:25 AM
but actually there is a pretty nice control of the glow in maya

anyway, i just want to know if there's another way within maya - like duplicate glow shader and then connect any glow attribute of any object to any shader i want, just to add some knowledge

CGTalk Moderation
10-14-2007, 09:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.