PDA

View Full Version : loading objects into memory for motion bluring

leviathan
04-08-2003, 11:00 AM
Hi,

I am working on a mel to load one object on every frame from disk. I need to load a backed animated polygonal geometry that changes on every frame (different topology and geometry).

The mel script I am writing follows these steps when changing frame:

1) if object for the current frame exists in hard drive, the script deletes the current object in Maya, and ...
2) loads the object for the current frame from the disk to Maya

It works right but here is the problem: I need to motion blur the object.

When I render with motion blur, the object disappears. So it looks like it is not loading into memory the previous and the next geometry of the object for the corresponding frames, in order to motion blur it.

Anybody knows any work around, or previous experience with a similar problem like this?

Hope you understand, Thanks!!

leviathan
04-29-2003, 04:12 PM
Has someone understood the message?

Maybe I exposed the problem badly!!

:cry:

alexx
04-29-2003, 04:20 PM
sorry no help for that one..

but i know that problem when trying to render with the great particle instancer in maya when having animated objects (like the dragonfly in the manuals)..
there you are not getting motion blur as well for obvious reasons.

good luck

cheers

alexx

leviathan
04-30-2003, 08:12 AM
...mmmhhh...

Ok.

But... there are 2D solutions to motion blur?

I tryed the "shake" way of motion bluring a sequence (if you know shake, the "fan" tutorial), but is a too "manual" system, I was searching for something more automatic...

Thanks

alexx
04-30-2003, 09:46 AM
i am speaking about 2d motion blur, since 3d is slow and not really better in most cases..

there is a plugin to shake that calculates a motion blur by sampling the image and the movement in it which should be quite good..
i only forgot the name .. was something like "real smart motion blur" i think..

cheers

alexx

leviathan
04-30-2003, 03:53 PM
Ok.

Is "Reelsmart Motion Blur", at www.revisionfx.com/mblur.htm (http://)

The firs impression is very good (see gallery). I'll give a try!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

johngloid
05-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Yeah I was just rendering out an animation and Motion Blur makes some objects turn to black in my scene momentarily. I believe it has something to do with the camera angles to the object. This is very frustrating.

joie
05-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Sometimes I prefer doing Motion Blur in After Effects than in MAYA, itīs acurately enough and itīs much much faster (and you have the unblurred version if that process fail, but it suppose not to), and if you render your objectīs animation with its alpha channel, even more acurately since you can process its channel without any disturbing secondary (background) movement.

Sorry for my English...

alexx
05-11-2003, 07:20 PM
i am not really deep into afx..
can it do motion blur??

on which information?
does it do pattern matching algorythms or what do you mean?

if it really can: which version?

cheers

alexx

joie
05-12-2003, 07:44 PM
Well, I think AE canīt do Motion Blur directly, it does it with plugins, and I donīt remember its name (but I think there is only one), it certeanly worths it

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.