PDA

View Full Version : Human Body Parts Merging Problem

antiboiben
10-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Hi everyone. I'm modeling a male human body right now and what i did was - I modeled the torso first followed by arms & legs. I then combined these body parts & merged all the vertices. Problem occurred when i tried to use "Append to Polygon" tool to close the last few gaps between the arm & torso - it just wouldn't form a polygon, like it was supposed to, between these edges from the arm & torso. What should i do? Please advise. Thanks.

CGOrange
10-06-2007, 12:58 AM
hey, try snapping one vert to another vert to close the hole and then merge again, if I understand the problem correctly.

ldunham1
02-23-2008, 01:55 PM
it depends on what program your using as to this'll be any help, but i kinda had the same problem when i began modelling in MAYA

you might need to select all the poly objects you've made and show their normals. if there all facing the same way then i dunno what it could be but if they're not then you need to select the objects whose normals are the reverse of the torsos and then reverse them.

sorry if my wording makes things more confusing than it is, but hope i could help :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2008, 01:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.