View Full Version : Challenge #11: Halloween Monsters FAQ

RobertoOrtiz
10-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Post your questions here for the HALLOWEEN MONSTERS

-R

TheRazorsEdge
10-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Cool new challenge!:thumbsup:

Is the artist we chose the concept from going to provide us with more detailed art and appropriate orthos?

RobertoOrtiz
10-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Cool new challenge!:thumbsup:

Is the artist we chose the concept from going to provide us with more detailed art and appropriate orthos?
You may ask the artist for one, VIA PM, but he is NO obligation to provide them.

iF he submits them, hey should be posted as part of the WIP thread.

aboannas
10-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Hello
Please provide me Paz images disbanded

TheRazorsEdge
10-07-2007, 07:05 AM
You may ask the artist for one, VIA PM, but he is NO obligation to provide them.

iF he submits them, hey should be posted as part of the WIP thread.

Will do!:thumbsup:

Also, do I understand correctly that texturing is part of the challenge this time? What about FX?

nielot
10-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi
as far as I can gather We must pick one of concept art from here(http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=208&t=547160) but the authors of concepts must agree our request ? next we ask for more details about our concept choose ?
and finally if author will agree and accept our request we start modeling ?
but if author do not accept our request what we do ? choose another concept ? and over and over ? or author must accept but not must obligation for accept the details of concept art ?

if they not provied for details what we can do ? we can create our details for their concept ?

hope u understand what i writed :)

cheers

RobertoOrtiz
10-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Hi
as far as I can gather We must pick one of concept art from here(http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=208&t=547160) but the authors of concepts must agree our request ? next we ask for more details about our concept choose ?
and finally if author will agree and accept our request we start modeling ?

Yes you can pick from th provided concept art, but you may also provide you own concept art. You DONT NEED the artist permission to use the PROVIDED concept art.

if they not provied for details what we can do ? we can create our details for their concept ?

hope u understand what i writed

If the artist does not have the time to provide details on the model, it is the reponsability of the sculptor to add detail.
-Roberto

Note: We will do a return to our roots for our next challenge (ie Master sculptors)

Rod Seffen
10-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Note: We will do a return to our roots for our next challenge (ie Master sculptors)

Great. I'll wait for that one then ;)

morphius-ms
10-10-2007, 04:57 AM
quick question...

I'm about to do two "creatures" in a diorama would I be able to use the same base mesh (atleast to a certain point) for both creatures?

of course I would make the base mesh on my own and not use anyone elses... or another one that I made before hand...

RobertoOrtiz
10-10-2007, 04:59 AM
quick question...

I'm about to do two "creatures" in a diorama would I be able to use the same base mesh (atleast to a certain point) for both creatures?

of course I would make the base mesh on my own and not use anyone elses... or another one that I made before hand...
I see no problem with that.

morphius-ms
10-10-2007, 05:00 AM
wow that was a really quick reply... but cool... now all I'm waiting on is the final concept art...

OneToe
10-12-2007, 10:06 AM
maybe an odd question..
is it obligatory to use real sculpting techniques and apps according to (zb, mudb,..) ?

-- and roberto, please check out my HCM entry, i doubled a concept and i dont know wether this ok..

thx, onetoe

RobertoOrtiz
10-12-2007, 03:57 PM
maybe an odd question..
is it obligatory to use real sculpting techniques and apps according to (zb, mudb,..) ?

-- and roberto, please check out my HCM entry, i doubled a concept and i dont know wether this ok..

thx, onetoe

You can use any app you want, as long as you end up with a model with animation friendly topology.

I am checking your entry now.

-R

smrgol
10-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Hi there,

Is it ok to develop the concept in 3d, and then remodel with animation in mind for topology etc.?

For example, it would seem to be common practice these days is to sculpt in Zbrush and then re-topologise, extracting displacement/normal map detail and reaplying to the new mesh.

Put simply: Does the design have to come from a 2D piece?

Cheers,

-M

Rod Seffen
10-18-2007, 06:33 PM
These threads always seem inundated with questions about the exact letter of the law.
These contests don't have a prize, and the 'rules' are really just general guidelines.
As long as you end up with an animation ready mesh, your entry is not going to be ignored.
I've never seen anyone's entry ignored or disqualified on some pedantic technicality since this sub-forum started.

RobertoOrtiz
10-18-2007, 09:21 PM
These threads always seem inundated with questions about the exact letter of the law.
These contests don't have a prize, and the 'rules' are really just general guidelines.
As long as you end up with an animation ready mesh, your entry is not going to be ignored.
I've never seen anyone's entry ignored or disqualified on some pedantic technicality since this sub-forum started.

What he said.

:)

-R

smrgol
10-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Cheers guys! Just checking to be on the safe side.

-M

wev
10-24-2007, 11:57 AM
Hello

I am new here and really love the idea , but I am not sure if i can aplly without show you the concept , the characther that I wan to do is Mr.Freddy krueger and I donīt want redesing him , so I am using some images of film and google. Do you see any problem ?

thanks a lot
regards

wev

RobertoOrtiz
10-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Hello

I am new here and really love the idea , but I am not sure if i can aplly without show you the concept , the characther that I wan to do is Mr.Freddy krueger and I donīt want redesing him , so I am using some images of film and google. Do you see any problem ?

thanks a lot
regards

wev

The problem is that the core of the idea is to use concept art as a basis for your concept.
BUT if you post a sketch of a redesigned Freddy, then things change.
Good luck.
-R

aboannas
10-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Hello to all
I have a question
I want to know when the last time for the delivery of business

RobertoOrtiz
10-29-2007, 03:53 AM
Hello to all
I have a question
I want to know when the last time for the delivery of business

DEADLINE! Friday , November 16th 12:00 PM

Have fun!

feliu
11-22-2007, 03:53 PM
i would like to post something , i am between werewolf or the bride , can i post both of them ??

what is the deadline on this challenge ???

RobertoOrtiz
11-22-2007, 03:54 PM
I am sorry to say that we are done...

The new challenge, Colossus will go up in two weeks.

-R

feliu
11-22-2007, 04:12 PM
what a pitty , Collosus it is then !!!

thanks

CGTalk Moderation
11-22-2007, 04:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.