PDA

View Full Version : m mental ray crashes maya

vallaha
10-04-2007, 02:11 PM
hi

HELP!

i go to, windows>settings/prefrences>plug in manager and click in the boxes for mayatomr.lib loaded and auto load. then a pop up window displays, unloading of plugins during a session is not permitted on this platform. to run maya without a particular plug in loaded make sure auto load is unchecked and restart maya.

i then go to windows render view choose mental ray then maya shuts down

what am i doing wrong? does anyone know what the procedure is for geting mental ray fully working with maya? if you are going to answer this message please explain with very few short cuts as i am a newbie. your adevice and expertese will be appreciated

cheers

djx
10-05-2007, 03:46 AM
I'm not sure what the problem is, or why you get a message about unloading when you are trying to load a plugin - are you sure it is not already loaded? (It is usually loaded by default).

But anyway, I would try leaving the "load" flag however it is and just setting "auto load" flag on, then restarting maya.

-- David

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2007, 03:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.