PDA

View Full Version : paint cluster weights - problems

pixlix2
10-04-2007, 06:22 AM
hello everyone,

I have a rig with several clusters for the eyelids which have painted cluster weights. Now a problem appeared when I'm using the Paint Cluster Weights Tool. Normally the paintable cluster weights were displayed in the tool options so you could choose which cluster to paint. Unfortuanately this doesnt work anymore - only the cluster I added last is listed -this means that I can't change the weight of the others anymore.
I can't figure out what caused this behaviour, has anyone an Idea?

Many thanks

edit:
maybe I'm dong something fundamentally wrong?
I have two cluster per eye (upper/lower lid). First I've selected all the verticies of the eye area, assigned the first cluster, then selected all verticies again and assigned the second cluster. Finally I've painted the weights for each cluster using the paint tool. It worked so far, the eye behaved like it should. But I realized that maya added quite a few tweak nodes - is this right?

pixlix2
10-04-2007, 07:46 AM
hmm, ok.. I have fixed it. Well, what can I say... I saw that I had a big mess in the hypergraph going on with 10 tweaknodes and several inmediate objects. After deleting everything that looked weird and toggeling the inmediate flag off for the last shape node, everything works again.
I hate it when I fix problems like that without exactly knowing what caused all this mess :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-04-2007, 07:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.