PDA

View Full Version : Logo: Shadowdale

Crash
04-08-2003, 01:15 AM
Hi guys, it's me again with the logo.... this time I need some serious crits coz I decided to make this one on my own since nobodys willing to help :p.... What do you think? Work still in progress... Cheers :beer:

Crash
04-09-2003, 08:09 AM
hey guys, still haven'r got a clue if you like it or do you think it's crapy :shrug: Could you help me?

GeneralChaos
04-09-2003, 02:56 PM
it seems a little dark and plain to me. The darkness is the worst part IMO

cheney
04-09-2003, 08:00 PM
The entire point for a logo is marketability. If the logo does market a product, concept, or organization it is pointless. So, you need to ultimately consider the marketable aspects of your image before it suits any function. A logo is much more recognizable as a simple flat polygon type shape rather than text. Simple shapes are easy for our simple minds to instantly store and recognize without any complex thought processes, but text......

A logo is best created as a 2 color vector based image. By two colors i mean a foreground color and a background color (this includes transparency as a background color). As a vector image the logo is extremely versatile so that it may be infinately upsized without any quality loss for large scale printing. A simple two color logo ensures that it will be simple to print at good quality on one color text documents.

I strongly, STRONGLY, suggest you do not initially create the logo as a raster image. If you create it as a vector image you can always rasterize it later for additional complex display modification.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.