PDA

View Full Version : HDRI Maya Render With Ray Trace/Final Gather

pliang
10-03-2007, 02:58 AM
So I have this issue, I'm using a HDRI map in Mental Ray with final gathering and ray tracing and it seems to work nearly flawless with single objects but I'm using it this time for an environment with a dome skybox.

The problem is that it seems like the dome is blocking out the rays from illuminating the rest of the scene and that I have to either delete or use a cylindrical skybox which I can't as my planned shots involve a large part of the skyline.

I tried turning off the cast and receive shadows in render stats but nothign else seems to work...I am getting pitch black in my scene with my skybox in there.

I also should say I never have used mental ray enough so any suggestion to help render properly without physically moving the skybox would be a lifesaver.

Thanks

bwheels02
10-05-2007, 04:32 PM
why do you need this "skybox"??? It is blocking your HDRI. If you don't want to see the HDRI then turn off its primary visibility attribute.

slipknot66
10-05-2007, 04:52 PM
You could also use IBL, where you have control over everything.Render Settings---Environment---Image Based Lighting----Create

Hope it Helps:)

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2007, 04:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.