PDA

View Full Version : Motion Graphics Demo Reel

wadds
04-07-2003, 08:53 PM
Hey everyone,
I hope this fits in this thread.
I have just finished my demo reel and would love some feedback/critiques.
it's 99% motion graphics with a little particle effect thrown in.
I see it as an intro to a demo reel that could maybe substitue for a full demo reel. who knows.

here's the link:
http://www.mikehabjan.com/wadds/reel.htm

thanks
Brian

uncon
04-07-2003, 10:38 PM
First off I know very little about motion graphics, I am a 3D dude. But I dig it, nice sense of style and animation. Some parts seem a little repetative, things moving off screen and then coming back to the same place to disappear again. Lots of motion and movement but So much is moving around I find it hard to concentrate on anything. Everything has the same "weight" I mean that my eye isn't drawn to any particular information or element. Except that girl who motions towards something that gets highlighted.

These are just my little thoughts, but I do like the look of it.

warhead
04-08-2003, 12:21 AM
I like this way of "video art" but i think the time at the bottom which is at 99:99:99 all the time should change...

Greetz

j00st81
04-08-2003, 12:31 AM
man I dig this kind of stuff, I collected a whole bunch of this, everything seems real cool, but if I where you I'd change the music, but I have a feeling thats a bit too late now :D

DrEvils
04-08-2003, 04:41 AM
where's the ending? It just kinda stops and hangs on that last screen... makes me say hey.. is there more? or did he forget about us?

sorry if it sounds harsh, don't mean too. We get drilled in class for not having endings..
It would just add that last bit of shine to the piece, turning it from a good piece to a great piece.

wadds
04-08-2003, 03:54 PM
thanks for the replies so far.
i appreciate it.

brian

James Bowman
04-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Very good work. What did you use to put it together?

However, it feels like you're trying too hard to achieve/emulate the same look/style of Eric Jordan and 2advanced Studios.

Relax and develop your own style. It's obvious you have the ability inside to do it.

Good Luck!

Jim.

rrobert
04-10-2003, 03:52 PM
good

Zeio
04-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Very nice reel.

btw James, 2advanced hardly created that style, there are tons of artists on the net that utilitze the same design techniques that are found in wadds reel. While I do agree that I would like to see some more organic shapes and uniqueness (www.onyro.com), I think there is a solid area of motion graphics that fits his reel, most notably MTV.

Great job

-Zeio

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.