PDA

View Full Version : Mad Rushed Walk Cycle

WesleyChandler
10-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Hey guys!

Here's another go of a different style of walk. I'm trying to make it look like he's mad and really pushing his way through and stomping his feet across the floor. does it work? or am I missing something..

http://www.wesleychandler.com/cgtalk/wesmadwalk.mov

C&C welcome as always! =)

calistopolis
10-02-2007, 06:30 PM
umm, i think he doesnt reach far enuf to be mad. and the stomp, maybe u can make it a lot harder to show the force that is driven by his emotion (mad, in this case).
make the head fall a lot harder too. and i think, when we're mad and walking we don;t really move our arms, but i guess it's a personal opinion.

just keep working.. just keep working..

anmKevin
10-02-2007, 07:23 PM
are the arms in ik? because the hand is leading the motion. You should either make it the other way around or tighten up the elbows more, since hes angry. Also when the arms come back, theres too abrupt of a change in direction. I agree with the head moving too much. Should be tighter cause hes tense. The movement in the body looks good, as does the toe flap. Actually the legs look all good, except when the foot slaps down, try having the foot slap down in one frame (like you have already) and leave the toe flap to come one frame later.

Looks pretty good so far, especially if rushed. Once you get the cycle all worked out, I'd add in some mouth movement like he's muttering under his breath angrily. Personal preference though.

Tad Ghostal
10-04-2007, 05:54 PM
His right arm is popping into place on frame 14.

CGTalk Moderation
10-04-2007, 05:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.