PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon Head

matosledge
10-02-2007, 06:34 PM
hello everybody!! I need some help in create a cartoon character in 3d max. The reference I´ve had is http://bp0.blogger.com/_8jewKNHeGJM/RwKAHS-rbCI/AAAAAAAAAF0/Diukupda6n0/s1600-h/coca_cola.jpg from the people of Blur Studio. I don´t know which is the best way to face a character like this. If someone could help me I´ve been very thankfull. I don´t know is low poly or what, and also i need to create the same kind of eyes like the image.
Thanks a lot!!!

matías

Sagadur
10-03-2007, 02:28 PM
As far as I can see, those Eyes consist of nearly no geometry (except they are pushed inward a little) and thus are a "problem" of your textures. So a little painting in a program like Photoshop or GIMP should do the job here.
So starting from a sphere might for once be a good idea here.

Considering the body, besides the hands, you should be fine by blocking out the rough shape with extrusion etc. and then try to detail it step by step. Maybe like this:

http://home.arcor.de/ugleiss/cgtalk/mousy01.jpg

But maybe I'm answering with things you allready thought of yourself, so please let me know, if this was not the answer you were hoping for.

And a little side question: Do you really want to copy those creatures or instead let yourself be inspired to create something new (no offense meant)?

matosledge
10-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I really appreciate your answear!!! I supose that with your tips I could do that character!!
The other thing is that i´m doing this type of character because I love it that design and just put my style in there, also is to training in my modeling task.
Thanks a lot!!!

matosledge
10-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks a lot Sagadur!!! I really appreciate your help.
These character I modeling just for training, and i like to copy these beautifull characters of Blur.
Thanks again!!!

Sagadur
10-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Glad if I could be any help - so then have fun in creating :-).

CGTalk Moderation
10-03-2007, 04:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.