PDA

View Full Version : Off topic: Ever get that page that makes you think you're banned?

Matt
04-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Scared the living crap out of me. I had bookmarked a thread from the other day from some spammer, and I replied with, "Banned!!11" as a joke, and when I went to it today to see any replies, it gave that page you get when a page is removed, or you're banned.

Totally thought I was done for. I hate seeing that page.

Anyone else ever get it?

wedge
04-07-2003, 04:33 PM
no... i try not to piss people off.

Matt
04-07-2003, 04:36 PM
I try not to too, but I almost always piss people off.

Like someone posts something in finished work, and they ask for a critique, and if it sucks I'll say it sucks (Even if they're masters of Maya compared to me.) And almost always, someone (usually not the originator of the thread) has to get stiff at me.

I've been banned here before for being defensive of the USA while other users (foreigners) were bashing it, but a pimp admin got me back in.

Leonard
04-07-2003, 04:39 PM
What happens is that we don't delete threads anymore. We move them into a private forum that is only accessible to mods. You'll get an error message saying that you don't have the priviledges. This can be mistaken for being banned.

We've had several cases where some people have gotten quite upset thinking that we've banned them when in fact we didn't at all.

Take it easy,

Leo :thumbsup:

Matt
04-07-2003, 04:44 PM
Yoda wise.

Link to thread... http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=506842#post506842

Maya Ayanami
04-08-2003, 07:26 AM
I try hard not to piss people off as well but it sometimes happens anyways.
that is not very nice when u give your crits as an artist and others start flaming u.

that scares me too the thing with "u do not have permission to do ????".

u people must have a giant sever to hold all of these threads.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.