PDA

View Full Version : more special Fx

FabioMSilva
04-07-2003, 02:59 PM
another effect i would like to know how to do is the effect that normally comes out from a swinged blade(there are plenty of games & movies using this effect...the blade leaves a path of colour like wind or somethin. Can be seen in games like MetalGear Solid(and MGS2 Sons of Liberty), or Dungeon Keeper2 CG-Intro among many others(and i dont think itīs motion blur...definitly not.)

Another cool effect is the one that normally emanates from eyes(like echoed glowing) (seen in the ending of Soul Reaver1 intro on raziel and WarCraftIII orc ending movie from Hellscreamīs eyes.). I wonder how these effects are made.

Also do u guys know how to create cool looking cg wind(like the one solidus snake creates with his sword) cause iīm going to film a live action movie with swordfighting and i would like to know how to get these effects into it).

FabioMSilva
04-07-2003, 04:41 PM
another great looking effect iīve been trying to create but not very sucessfully is the "HOT Incandescent metal" (like seen in the orc ending movie of warcraftIII when hellscream defeats mannoroth his axe cuts throught the enemy metal, and the place where they were cut itīs still hot&incandescent). Iīve tryed VP effects but doesnt look enough good.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.