PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd Demo Reel

justinwyatt
09-30-2007, 11:25 PM
This is my 2nd Demo Reel upon graduating with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Animation.

http://www.wyatt3d.com/demo.htm

YOUTUBE version:
(much detail is lost in this version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O70__6R6l_o

Currently seeking employment.

www.wyatt3d.com

Abazaba
10-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Very nice stuff Mr Wyatt. The Dirt bike shot was awesome, the molten mask reveal was sweet. Two crits from me;

Sam Jackson was a little off. I think its the brow line. Looked a little flat,

The car shot (while modeled and textured great) was a little dark. Especially the interior shot.

One other small thing. The way you introed the biker was great, but you didint do anything for the other two. I had it in my mind to see how you were going to intro them, but ya didnt.

All these are small things; your modeling and texturing looked too sweet.

Cheers

justinwyatt
10-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Thanks Matt. I appreciate your comments. It looks like you graduated from the same school that I just graduated from. Congratulations on the job at Pendulum, man.

FrizzleFry0
10-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Great work with your reel Justin. I have a few crits as well. The dirt texture on the environment with the biker seems a little bit too "muddy." Maybe you could add some real fine noise to the bump, displacement, or spec map to bring in a finer grain look. I agree wit h Matt's crit on SLJ's brow area. I actually don't think your car interior is necassarily too dark, but seems like it lacks some of the highlights and sheen you would expect to see on a nice clean interior, especially when you see how beautiful that paint job is. Real nice work overall. :thumbsup: Good luck with the job search.

justinwyatt
10-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks Jared. I really appreciate your help and Jeremy's help. The DRC lab staff is definitely the best in the Computer Animation program at Full Sail. Thanks for the comments.

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2007, 06:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.