PDA

View Full Version : Q: Premiere exporting and WMP 9

Maven
04-07-2003, 02:44 PM
I seem to be having some problems with avi's made in Premiere and played with Windows Media Player 9 series.

When exporting from Premiere I used the Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V2 (also V1 and the other codecs) with a 1 second keyframe 95 quality control and a 1200 Data rate. This exports fine and playes in Premiere fine, and also playes in the realOne player, but when played in WMP9 I get an unknown error message and it doesn't play, but when I open WMP9 first then select the file to play, it does play but it is small and jumps around to the four different corners of the player. Now if I select the older WMP to play the file it also play's fine.

Has anyone ever experienced this before? Anyone know a fixe?

I have tried this on other computers with wmp9 and it does the same thing.

Maven
04-09-2003, 01:45 PM
No help huh?

Can anyone try to replicate this?

beaker
04-09-2003, 05:25 PM
Dont use microsoft mpg4 codec. I thought m$ removed support for this after media player 6.4? Use divx, xvid or a real .mp4, not the m$ hack.

Maven
04-10-2003, 03:29 PM
I really can't use divx because my audience isn't willing to download something to have it work, they will just say "It doesn't work fix it"

Flywaver
04-10-2003, 04:14 PM
WMV9 is not compatible with WMV8 and I found out that I can only successfully import/export them through MS's Media Encoder. And once it's done I can't edit them anymore in either Premiere 6.5 or MSP7!

Your best bet is QuickTime with MPEG-4...if someone doesn't have QT6 it reverts to QT5 which most PC's have and if you have Mac users they will like you even more.

I don't recommend Premiere for true compression of videos, I use cleaner 5 (awaiting XL) but I know Canopus ProCoder does a great job as well!

Cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.