PDA

View Full Version : Clips of some of my models

Paul4wood
09-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Okay. Not of the super high standard that you see every day here on CG Talk but it's time that I posted something on here and got some hard critique. :scream:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-104751096945176724&hl=en-GB

Thanks for taking a look. :)

mttjss
09-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Not bad Paul, but if you want an honest critique - read on.

There were a few good models in there, guitar guys, santa, elf..fairy wasnt bad...the rest was pretty bad though. It seems you have a really good understanding of the tools (Maya,Max or whatever you model with), now you need to learn some anatomy and maybe take some life drawing classes. Try and google Edge loops and see if you can understand about that. You might even look into ZBrush or MudBox for detailing.
I wouldnt even worry about the animation or backgrounds if you want to do straight character modeling. Open up a thread on here and start with one model. Get some good critiques and feedback on that and work until its polished, then move on to the next.

I would say its a decent generalist reel, but if its strictly modeling you want to do, then I would focus on that.

Matt -

Paul4wood
09-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Hmmm. Thanks for the quick reply, Matt!

I will keep your critique in mind and may start a modelling thread at some point. I'm sure that I would learn alot in the process. As for sticking to just modelling? Not a chance. :D

Paul4wood
09-29-2007, 09:17 AM
you need to learn some anatomy and maybe take some life drawing classes

Please point to specific examples. It will help me to see better. :)

Try and google Edge loops and see if you can understand about that

So, you are saying that I should add more detail? With regards to texturing I agree whole heartedly but with regards to the mesh I have to disagree. I have purposely worked toward the lightest mesh possible without having them collapse or fail. Yes, they could benefit from more tweaking though.

Thanks.:)

CGTalk Moderation
09-29-2007, 09:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.