PDA

View Full Version : Maya 2008 - miss_fast_skin bump error (Cannot find procedure "AEmisssSimpleMayaBumpR)

dangomes
09-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Hello im using maya 2008 on mac os x, and when i use misss_fast_skin_maya, and try to conect a bump shader/map or change the bump values, maya report this error:

// Error: Cannot find procedure "AEmisssSimpleMayaBumpReplace"

Anyone knows why this error appears?

Thans in advance

ps.one more question, in maya 8.5 when we use misss_fast_skin_maya, we must connect misss_fast_imap manualy, why in maya 2008 he comes automaticly with misss_fast_skin_maya? And node locked with some equation/calculation?

Sorry my inglish, and (maybe :)) noob question, i m still a little maya student. :)

cpan
09-28-2007, 02:03 PM
create a text file named "AEmisssSimpleMayaBumpReplace.mel" with this code:

global proc AEmisssSimpleMayaBumpReplace(string $attr) {
attrNavigationControlGrp -edit
-attribute $attr
bumpControl;
}

and place it in your scripts dir (My documents\maya\2008\scripts\)

djx
09-28-2007, 03:30 PM
cpan, that works, but you could instead fix the mistake that causes the error.

If you open AEmisss_fast_skin_mayaTemplate.mel (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2008\scripts\AETemplates) in a text editor and find line 149 you need to change both occurrances of "Simple" to "Skin".
So the new line 149 looks like this
editorTemplate -callCustom "AEmisssSkinMayaBumpNew" "AEmisssSkinMayaBumpReplace" "normalCamera";

-- David

dangomes
09-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks cpan and djx, it works now :D.

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2007, 04:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.