PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to "mute" an object off & on during animation

ddeveloping
09-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Hello, i currently have an object that doesn't need to be introduced into the scene until half way through. Is it possible to mute it for the first half? or do I just need to hide it off stage?

Per-Anders
09-28-2007, 12:24 AM
Just animate it's render visibility, or it's enabled state.

softocean
09-28-2007, 12:25 AM
try adding a visibility tag, and keyframe the visibility...
or keyframe the visible in editor/render attributes...
or add a compositing tag
or move the object into the cameras field of view beginning with a given keyframe

ddeveloping
09-28-2007, 12:26 AM
I tried doing that by ticking the bottom red dot and making 2 keyframes and it didnt work am I doing something wrong?

ddeveloping
09-28-2007, 12:30 AM
where is the visibility tag i cannot find it is it labeled something different im on r10.

Per-Anders
09-28-2007, 12:33 AM
you're not recording the parameter itslf just by clicking the make keyframe button, that by default only records keyfarems for position, scale and rotation (though you can also make it record parameters once you've set them up and pla). select the object and in the am ctrl+click on the red dot next to visible in render in order to record a keyframe for that parameter, or right click and choose "Add keyframe selection" and then you'll be able to record changes to that parameter using the normal record keyframe button.

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2007, 12:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.