PDA

View Full Version : Texture map in final render

AaronJG
09-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new at this and I have a question about the way my texture maps are rendering.

The problem: My Textures are made of many stacked screens that show a lot of minute detail - the detail of the texture isn't rendering clearly - it looks low-res.

My maps: I'm using png files that are 300dpi - basically 1800 x 600 px in dimension.
the textures look crisp in the viewport when hardware texturing is turned on. I am rendering using mental ray with very high quality settings. I'm mapping them on polygonal surfaces using phong E material.

Does anyone know what could be causing this or what i could do to fix this problem? Is there a setting i need to adjust or a different method of mapping my textures?
Thanks for your time. Any help is greatly appreciated! (and necessary because of a deadline tomorrow). Thanks!

DrYo
09-28-2007, 01:17 AM
What exactly is the problem?

Did you try different types of texture filtering? You'll find that at the very top of the Attribute Editor for the file node.

AaronJG
09-28-2007, 03:21 PM
no i haven't tried the texture filter - but i'm about to. thanks!
oh, and the problem is that the textures are rendering low-res and they aren't low-res files.

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2007, 03:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.