PDA

View Full Version : some special Fx i would like to know

FabioMSilva
04-06-2003, 09:23 PM
ok does anybody knows how to make really good looking glowing sparks? i got some ideas(using 3dsmax) but i can surely take some more.

another thing i would like to know is how i create that special effect everybody nowaday uses on theyre movies...its some sort of glowing Volume light(for example uīll c it on warCraftIII movies, its some sort of rays of light that comes out of an object...for example the final warcraft III movie has that effect, those lights coming out from archimonde, or u can c it in the starcraft ghost trailer movie)...i really would like to know how to do such effect.

And anybody knows where i can find some good Object modeling tutorials(like weapons or armor) and tutorials on how to model clothing pieces (which arenīt very CPU expensive for the use of cloth simulator) and of course some good tuts on clothing simulation as well.

The programs i got to do such jobs are:

3dsmax r5
Adobe After Effects 5.5&Photoshop7(for texturing maps)&Premiere6
Deeppaint 3d
Discreetīs Combustion2

hope u can point me some good ideas to make this or some good tutorials that can be used by this programs

thanx for yer time

RiotManZ
04-06-2003, 09:32 PM
these rays coming out of any object can be easily done with an After Effects PlugIn called SHINE (by Trapcode). Itīs a commercial plugIn but it is not that expensive (about 99$).

for tutorials, check out the 3dmax section in this forum. there is a thread with LOTS of tutorials.
if youīre new into modeling, then try out www.3dbuzz.com
there are some video tutorials which IMO are the best around.

:beer:

FabioMSilva
04-06-2003, 10:29 PM
iīm not new to modeling...iīver modeled a CG-head myself(good looking except the lips which i didnt found any good tuts for it

what i want now are tuts for solid stuff like armor with rackets and bumbs(not using bump as textures REAL rails...its kinda hard to explain...)

Tuqui-tuqui
04-07-2003, 12:41 AM
And it's kinda hard to understand... Maybe perhaps you have a pic or a reference of what you are trying to accomplish...:p

Chris
04-07-2003, 12:57 AM
for glowing sparks, combustions particle system would be perfect, as long as you could get away with doing it in post

FabioMSilva
04-07-2003, 01:40 PM
iīll look forward to get "shine". thanx guys...uīve been helpful...about the particle systems i guess they are suficent for some sparks (with motion blur and then glow in vp) but not for some types(like sparks emitted from blades sides in directions which can become quite complicated but nm that).

About the modeling problems i have iīll try to get a picture to better describe what i wanna do

cheers

CreatureseEtc
04-07-2003, 02:31 PM
If you got the budget, try to get your hands on real lens flare from cebas.

So far, it's one the best flare/glowing effects I've seen - for MAX.

FabioMSilva
04-07-2003, 03:07 PM
these are the "holes" and "rails" i was talking about(marked by a green circle). I wonder how to add these in the mesh(using cut just doesnt give us enough control, iīm talking of course on edit-mesh). i wonder how to creat linear holes without adding too much subdivision surfaces and still being able to use circular holes like this guy did

FabioMSilva
04-07-2003, 03:42 PM
wow! Shine is much more than iīve hoped for! ITs really what i wanted! and itīs quite simple to use too!

RiotManZ
04-09-2003, 11:22 AM
aaaahhh, itīs always a pleasure to see our customers happy!:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.