PDA

View Full Version : Character: In her bed (Nudity)

no2_pentarou
04-06-2003, 07:47 PM
I've been working on this for the last few days and I'd like some comments on it... I drew this in Photoshop (wish I had a Wacom...), using some references pictures for parts of the pose, lightning, hair... I see this more as "technical" than artistic as it is just a way for me to practice textures for my 3d work instead of creating someting 100% from scratch, like a "real" artist would (or should) do ;) hehe. Of course I didn't just draw over a picture, only references for ideas and techniques...

Enjoy

http://homepage.mac.com/digitalphoenix/dessin5.jpg :scream:

Neil
04-06-2003, 11:12 PM
Ummm... uhh.... ... ... so what's her name?

no2_pentarou
04-06-2003, 11:19 PM
Her name? hum... use your imagination, she's all yours.. i guess... maybe.. no... i don't know ;)

M.Rogne
04-06-2003, 11:23 PM
One question and one comment.
Her waist/stomach area looks weird, kinda like too thin or pulled or something...
As for the question... What's her phonenumber, dude ?

no2_pentarou
04-06-2003, 11:28 PM
Her waist & stomach? could you explain? Maybe it looks weird because of the pillow under her, if you look at it in some way, she appears way too thin...

As for her phone number.. If i knew, i wouldnt post it here ;)

KolbyJukes
04-07-2003, 01:23 AM
So...you did this with a mouse...right...a mouse...sorry buddy, I don't believe you.

Show us some WIP shots or something, looks to me like you filtered a photo. Then again there are some weird proportions bends (ie. right arm, waist).

If you really did this in PS with a mouse, without drawing right over the pic, then you are bloody amazing.

What's with her right breast, it looks very transluecent.

-Kol.

no2_pentarou
04-07-2003, 01:38 AM
Look in the Gallery/Finished Work forum, the whole post is here

Rizzo
04-07-2003, 01:53 AM
damnit !!! its amazing !!! :thumbsup:

can I have a no-censured version !? :rolleyes:

no2_pentarou
04-07-2003, 01:59 AM
You can email me if you want, i won't repost it here ;)

no2_pentarou
04-10-2003, 07:24 PM
Maybe you should learn to respect others instead of insulting me for something you're so wrong.

caustic
04-16-2003, 03:58 PM
BrandonSSmith: Man thats just beyond a joke, because you can't do it then it must be fake. Hes not the first person to do photo realism.

Give the guy some credit and faith, ok he could have 'hacked' it but he is just as likely to have done it through blood sweat and tears and I for one will give him the benefit of the doubt before slinging accusations. By the way attacking him isn't cool or mature, it just makes you look small and jealous.

I know that you cant actually do this, as you used filters and clone stamps to make this image, but ill give you that shot.

If you can show me how to do this with filters and clone stamps then you are really talented.

Nice work no2_pentarou. I would be interested in your process though, it would be a valuable lesson for alot of us striving for that amount of realism.

JonasNoell
04-16-2003, 04:38 PM
BrandonSSmith: Lol, man you are awful wrong and ignorant. It help NOTHING to post early wip screens and stuff and even realtime videos, because you just would ignore them. I have made the same experience and put much efford in proving that it is NOT done from a photo (as you claim so simple just because you have NO idea), it's a waste of time to do, the best way is just ignore stupid posts from guys like you and that is what I would hope you, no2_pentarou, will do.
By the way, awesome piece of work, if some guys had some eyes in their head they would SEE that it is painted. It's no shame to use photoreferences, many painters do, and often posts like the ones form BrandonSSmith come from people who can't to anything, so get rid of feeling insulted by them, it's amusing. And it's a huge compliment that some idiots think it's a photo...

shambler
04-16-2003, 05:40 PM
:drool: AHhhh.... excellent job my peer - there's just s0mething I d0n't like about it... that damn square :annoyed:

SEPHROTH64
04-16-2003, 05:45 PM
not gonna comment on wether its real or not cuz i really dont know but it looks awsome!

Dark-Angel
04-16-2003, 05:48 PM
:drool: not only is she beautiful, this is well done. can we pleas have a tutorial :bounce:

no2_pentarou
04-16-2003, 06:01 PM
The original pix and some techniques/WIP are posted on the oh-so-long-but-now-closed-by-moderators-thread HERE (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54420)

William b. Hand
04-16-2003, 07:11 PM
Marvelous job no2_pentarou! I don't have time to go through all the discussion on that super-long thread... Looks like things got crazy childish very early on, though. Too bad. I think it's absolutely extra-ordinary for a Wacomless artist. I know that you learn to make do with what you have... but, this is nuts. :applause: :applause: :applause:

no2_pentarou
04-16-2003, 07:20 PM
I've always used a keyboard and mouse for drawing and for games, that's why I'm used to it. When GranTurismo 1 came out, I didn't have a PSX so I bought it to play on an emulator and I finished the whole game with a keyboard.

One day, I'll buy a Wacom. A big one :D

JonasNoell
04-16-2003, 07:27 PM
I have just seen the over 18 version!

:bounce:

izzylong
04-16-2003, 08:17 PM
You know, it's attacks like those that are the reason that I personally don't hang out here much...

..sad really...

Great work by the way no2!

Teyon
04-17-2003, 01:18 AM
:hmm: I can't comment on if the whole image is painted (though I think it may be) but I know for fact the arm "performing" was drawn. After looking at the original, the arm looks like it needs some work, actually. Right around the elbow area (you can't see the elbow but you know...the area where the arm bends?). There should be more bend or variation as it lays over the body. It's like a bent tube right now. I think it comes from the bad shoulder that others have mentioned...fix that and it will require you redoing the entire arm. As a painting it's nice, the problem everyone has with the waist seems to come from the pillow she's laying on. That area is too dark really...and did you paste her face back after painting the rest of the image? Her facial tones don't blend well with her body's.

I'm sorry you had to have it censored but I can totally understand why they did it. Next time remember what you agreed to so you can avoid these sorts of squabbles. If all else fails, you can just post it on your website and hope someone comments on it while visiting.

Nice work all around.

no2_pentarou
04-17-2003, 02:47 AM
Teyon: you're right, the right arm could be a lot better but it was kinda hard to draw from that angle. I spent a few hours on it (especially the elbow) but i'm no anatomy expert. My 1st idea was the opposite (her right arm was near her head and her left arm.. well.. you know) but I thought it looked better the other way, even though it was more difficult to do.

I'll do better next time :thumbsup:

As for her facial tones, maybe I removed to much shadows from her head (it was too dark at first) but the skin of the whole body (head included) is on the same layer so I don't know for the tones, it looks ok for me...

Teyon
04-17-2003, 03:29 AM
Well, I'm looking foward to your next pic regardless. :)

typeA
04-17-2003, 04:10 AM
where can we find a version without the ****ing black square...maybe you could link to that ..for those of us who can handle it.......i know naked women are scary..and the scaryest part of them is their naughty area...but im brave...i think i could live if i saw what some people feel is so awful that a pice of art needs to be ruined with a black box....box?....hmmm:shame:

gmask
04-17-2003, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by no2_pentarou
I've been working on this for the last few days and I'd like some comments on it... I drew this in Photoshop (wish I had a Wacom...), using some references pictures for parts of the pose, lightning, hair...

To be honest it looks like collage of images to me. No matter how it as done I find the waist to be very awkward. It appears to be an perspective that was more overhead and then skewed to match the new angle thus making it appear to be a 2d image that was been distorted. The head on the other hand is seen from the correct angle.

Thew background image of the bed very well could be a picture of a bed that has had a filter applied to it. If that's the case I'd say that this was a decent collage of pictures but the angles are not compatible and even though I think there are some details in here that were "drawn" but as a whole I'd have hard time defining this as a drawing or a painting.. more of touchup and collage project. It's failry convincing but the difference in angles between the head and waist is alarming and obvious.

no2_pentarou
04-17-2003, 04:36 AM
gmask: this is a drawing, not a collage or manipulated photo. Everything is explained in the original thread -> Here (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54420)

typeA
04-17-2003, 04:40 AM
..wow...im still alive...i dont see what the fuss was about..her fingers are even visabule..now if she was fisting herself...then i would have said ok..maybe this needs to be censored...but anyways..nice painting good lighting..good subject....shes a bad girl i love it.:thumbsup:

gmask
04-17-2003, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by no2_pentarou
gmask: this is a drawing, not a collage or manipulated photo. Everything is explained in the original thread -> Here (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54420) [/B]

>>>This isn't a photo with paint over it, I did this from a few differents pictures, by looking at them, beside me... working over it using layers would be too easy

Be that as it may the lower part of the body does appear to be an image that has been distorted from it's true POV. You may have just been looking at it off to the side but you copied the erroneous and distorted angle.. IE the images you were referring to weren't from the same POV's.

I also find the cheast iarea in between the breasts and the neck to have some stripes.. the area is not as well blended as the rest of it.

As to wether or not this is a touched set of collage photos.. I can only say this image is more "photorealistic" than your previous attempt from two months ago. http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44771

no2_pentarou
04-17-2003, 04:53 AM
Yup, my "previous attempt" was much more illustration that photorealistic, that's what I wanted, it was more vivid and joyful in style too.
This project (In her bed) took me much longer, because of its technical and realistic nature. The next one might be anime-style, gothic, pseudo abstract, I don't know yet, I like to do something different each time but I have a deadline for a 3d projet (by the end of May) so I still have plenty of time to think about it before I can start drawing anything...

Kirt
04-17-2003, 05:07 AM
Well, I'm hardly a prude ... I even applied for an "airbrush" job once.

However, this is a public forum and the subject material is objectionable to some members and I can only imagine how many minors are taking a peek at this image.

Posting a link to an unedited image isn't much different than posting the actual image here. Therefore, I'm removing the link and putting a close on this thread.

I think all there is to say about this has already been said. Please keep subject matter of future works less provocative.

Thank you,

Kirt
"the bad guy" Mod