PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Can't figure this one out.

kungfudork
04-06-2003, 07:10 PM
well, i spent alot of time tweaking and got my head and body together and fairly porportional. i go to render out a pic and the top half of the character is all washed out. i messed with all the surfaces parameters, etc and can't get it to render correctly. the pants and shoes are fine, the head model before importing it to the body is fine. the body is washed out in the original mdl file. is there some way to fix this in a text editor? PLEASE HELP!
v9.51e
win2000
1GB ram
Geforce4 128MB

http://www.kungfudork.com/images/KIDHelp.jpg

http://www.kungfudork.com/images/KIDHelpWire.gif

thanks,
kungfudork

Wegg
04-06-2003, 07:26 PM
You sure you didn't accidently turn on toon shade?

kungfudork
04-06-2003, 08:03 PM
thanks wegg:
under the model properties/surface i can't set the toon options on or off. maybe they are on, but why would it not effect the pants and shoes if it is set under the model itself and not a group? can i turn off the toon options in a text editor just by deleting the line? i haven't messed with the text files before.

-kungfudork

Wegg
04-06-2003, 08:58 PM
What about falloff? Look at every property of your materials and look for anything weird.

Finkster
04-07-2003, 05:04 AM
select, copy and paste your mesh into a new model, that might sort it out.

kungfudork
04-07-2003, 05:21 AM
thanks for your replies!
get this.....i was playing around with just the head file because it was still ok for rendering, well after about 2 hours of playing around it started to do it too. i had a darksim skin material on it and decided to take it off. once i removed it the mesh turned all black.....i went to the model surface settings and all sorts of options were up 100%.....i turned them to zero, changed the color to a flesh color and it looks ok in shaded mode, but i do a render and it looks the same as the washed out flat crap in the pictures from this post. aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

so anyone got any other ideas.

i tried the copy paste to a new model, and no luck there either.

HELP!HELP!HELP!(all i can do is laugh...hahahahahaha):applause: :applause:
i guess i've been sitting at this machine too long now!:beer:

thanks,
kungfudork

kungfudork
04-07-2003, 07:40 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:thumbsup:
I figured it out! I can't believe it!!!
OK, here's the deal. Like i said before, alot of the properties under the model>surface were at 100% so i set them to zero, but no change........so i opened the file in wordpad and figured what the hell...i have nothing to lose, cause at this rate i'll just have to do the mesh over. So i'm looking at the text file and all these numbers, etc (no clue to what i am looking for). Then i see something, all the parameters i set to zero are listed under the model. things like "diffusse falloff=0" "roughness scale=0" "radiance=0", so i just delete them....i figure having them set to zero and not having them at all should be the same thing. I open the new model file and BAAAAM! it renders just fine, no crazy mess. WOOOHOOO!:bounce:

now i am assuming this is some type of bug, since i had another model do the same thing after 5 or 6 different saves, but i can't really repeat the process either......it just happens (i swear...). plus i figure hash only supports v10 now........i guess i need to upgrade, anyone wanna buy my model(when it's done, of course) for 99$ plus shipping and handling(hahahahahaha).

anyway, thanks for all the advice and stuff!!!! now hopefully i will be able to show you a finished model in a few more days!

laterz,
kungfudork:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.