PDA

View Full Version : Bone Mirror?

KenH
04-06-2003, 02:58 PM
Is there a way to mirror bone movement? ie if you move the right arm out, the left arm moves out.....in constructing the skeleton and in animation.
Thanks.

Wegg
04-06-2003, 07:27 PM
I'm sure you could do that with the new Relationship editors but. . . why would you want that?

KenH
04-06-2003, 09:31 PM
I want to line up the arms. and legs so they are mirrored. The character is a mirror along the y axis.

dinocarl
04-08-2003, 04:54 PM
You should be able to use expressions for this. I have no idea how, since my math skillz, especially trig, aren't what you would call 'mad'. In principle, though, an expression should be able to track and place your bones according to another bone. I imagine it would be pretty easy to do spatial placement since y and z values would simply be the same, while the x value would be the opposite. Orientation is another thing. That, I imagine, would require a complicated trig equation. But, like I said, this is hardly my domain.

I think a simpler solution, or at least one that would more within my grasp, would be to make sure that all your left and right body parts are named "right x" and "left x". That way you can take advantage of 'Paste mirrored'. This is however not automated, but not a whole lotta work, either.

KenH
04-08-2003, 09:35 PM
Thanks..I just thought AM might have some sort of mirror button you could press similar to modeling. Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.