PDA

View Full Version : Shader attribute change based on object selection

alesmav
04-06-2003, 02:45 PM
Hai

I am trying to make a procedure that will change the properties of a shader based on the selected objects.
For example:
you have a scene with a lot of objects and you want to make some of them (their shaders) a black hole. Currently I am using hypershade and Attribute spread sheet to do that. But since I have a lot of shots to perform this operation on it starts to get time consuming. I would like to automate that procedure in a way that I select the objects and the run the mel script that automatically makes those object's shaders from default Matte opacity to Black hole. Can you give me some tips how to do that? Currently I am stuck at a point where I want Maya to select the shaders that are on the objects I have selected in a scene. Any clues how to do that? When the appropriate shaders are selected it would be no problem to perform an action on them I guess.

Any kind of help really appreciated....

thnx

ALES

bigfatMELon
04-06-2003, 07:13 PM
See: makeMatteObject on www.highend3d.com.

-jl

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.