PDA

View Full Version : Planet Scene

DeusEx
09-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Did this in PS. Everything from scratch.

edit - Didnt think I had to beg for critique but can some one give me some? Its my first planet scene.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/HuLkSMASH/planetcopy.jpg

Oyuri
09-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Hi there! :) I'm sorry you haven't had much luck with critique- but after browsing this forum for a little while, I noticed a couple of 'Planet' threads...unfortunately, they don't seem to attract a lot of critique. What I'm trying to say is that, though your image looks very nice, I'm afraid it is lacking in the art department as a whole. See, there really is nothing to critique, actually; there's no real 'guidelines' as to how planets should look other than they are usually spherical. Perhaps if you add something more interesting, such as a space ship or central character, people may begin to take notice.

As far as critique, I think it would be nice if you could use some different colors for the planet itself; maybe that is just a personal preference, but right now the whole image seems to be simply blue. Maybe alter the hues a little? That's just my opinion, and you know what they say: everyone's got one. :P

Anyway, again, I'm sorry that no one has replied, and I hope I could give you some useful advice. Great job on your first PS planet scene! :D

DeusEx
09-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Cool man, I didn't want to overpower the planet but I see what you mean with the whole color scheme and character. Seems kinda bland, just there, nothing really catching the artist eye.

I'm one of those rare people that like to hear others opinions. Sometimes you never know what will spark your next idea. Like now, you just made me think of my next planet piece. A sun's solar flare engulfing a beautiful planet while the people try to escape on their ships but get burned up. HEY, no one steal my idea! LOL

Appreciate the advice:thumbsup:

Ilikesoup
09-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Howdy!

Beautiful picture -- great color choices and the planet looks photoreal. Only question I'd pose is whether you'd ever see a ring around a solid planet (as opposed to a gasseous one) or whether an asteroid belt (I assume that's what the black objects are in space) would be so close to one.

DeusEx
09-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Howdy!

Beautiful picture -- great color choices and the planet looks photoreal. Only question I'd pose is whether you'd ever see a ring around a solid planet (as opposed to a gasseous one) or whether an asteroid belt (I assume that's what the black objects are in space) would be so close to one.

Thanks, as for the ring/asteroids I just thought it would look cool.:D Your right though, its kinda WTF? lol

Oyuri
09-26-2007, 03:12 AM
I'm one of those rare people that like to hear others opinions. Sometimes you never know what will spark your next idea. Like now, you just made me think of my next planet piece. A sun's solar flare engulfing a beautiful planet while the people try to escape on their ships but get burned up.

Oh wow, awesome! That sounds perfect! I'm excited already to see it, I know you'll make it look great from the look of your space scene here. Let us know when/where you post it, I'd really like to see it! :bounce:(LOL whee bouncy!)

Also, thank you for being so open-minded on hearing critique, you really inspire me to take critique better on my own artwork! I really respect your kind replies, thanks again! :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-26-2007, 03:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.