PDA

View Full Version : clearing parts of weight maps not working half the time in 7.5b

Hellbring
04-06-2003, 01:13 AM
I am goign through Froggyplat's rigging tutorials. I have gotten to the part where I mirror the weight maps. They way he shows is to delete half of the object then mirror it. Then to copy and then rename the weight maps L_ and R_. You then hide half of the model and select the polygons that u see on the screen. Then use clear map to clear half of the weight maps that you dont want.
However in 7.5b half of the weight maps will not clear with this way and the mirror weight plugin on flay is not there. No error message pops up either. The map that I am trying to clear will bump its self farther down the list of weight maps in the vertex map menu, but when u click on it, it is not clear? Has anyone else ran into this problem and is it just in 7.5b? Also does anyone have a mirror weight map plugin that might solve this issue and save a few steps?

Hellbring
04-06-2003, 03:18 AM
I reverted to 7.5 and its definately a bug in 7.5b

tOmdOr
04-06-2003, 09:16 AM
why not using vertex paint?
you can do all that and more..
you can copy paste -x or even work in symmetry mode

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.