PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy castle

Geode
01-07-2002, 02:01 PM
Well I've posted this several other places but I thought, what the heck, might as well post here too... ;P I've been working on this image for a couple of weeks now. Done in Painter 5.5. Tell me what you think I should change or improve. :)
http://mrpumpernickel.vi2.com/castle.jpg

Khar_Negt
01-07-2002, 02:33 PM
Cooolllll! Wow :)
But... where's the dragon? ;)

Geode
01-07-2002, 02:58 PM
lol... I actually did make one version with a dragon... but I decided I liked it better without for some reason. I might go back and add the dragon later once I get the background and some of the architectural details sorted out. Thanks for the comment. :)

Joebount
01-07-2002, 05:33 PM
Really excellent, nice colours scheme. I dunno why, but the castle looks very tiny, you should add something else to give it some scale

ime
01-10-2002, 10:31 AM
nice one...
i don't like the clouds though
and on the subject of castle looking small...
different compsition with less space around and with a different angle would help... but that is totally overdrawing so nevermind

Fat&ugly
01-10-2002, 04:13 PM
I like it, nice colour. Seems a little dark, hard to see where the castel stops and the sky starts. Good work.

dave_baer
01-12-2002, 05:09 PM
I agree, needs something to give it scale. Would like to see the one with the Dragon. But u know what? Looks kind of cozy and warm, so a cute dragon, kinda like the one from Shrek, would be fitting.

Just one thing wrong I noticed, the perspective of the large archway in the middle isnt ight. Other than that, VERY NICE! I like the reflected light off the clouds. Nice touch.

tekuni
01-13-2002, 01:02 PM
what i just wanna say is its great like the colours, the texture and the design.
the mixture of darkness and light all goes together along with the clouds.

davpunk
01-13-2002, 04:03 PM
very nice. respect goes to those who take the time to learn painters interface. :) if anything, I would work on the sky a bit, maybe ad a little more detail. Other than that, very nice.

davpunk

Taoizm
01-13-2002, 04:14 PM
Pretty much what everyone has said above. Great image, but it is lacking.....something. Maybe it's something to show it's scale, or something to fill in the background. It just looks very, very lonley. Maybe some foreground elements to give the viewer the feeling of depth.

FrageNSTEIN
01-15-2002, 09:21 PM
Maybe add a person or something, that is very small and peering over the edge of a balcony or something. It would make the castle look bigger.

D

goodlag
01-16-2002, 09:28 AM
excellent!~~Great image

pascal_blanche
01-17-2002, 02:45 AM
great pict! maybe the clouds at the top behind the catle should look more like clouds.. or smoke coming from he ground.. they look a bit weird for now... good lighting too :)

Konyn
01-17-2002, 06:34 PM
Looking very nice,

I think you should make the right side a bit darker, so it blends with the background and I think it will contrast better with the light source from inside.

I also have some ideas to add to the picture.
- you could make a road or a stairway circuling down the mountain
- or a big rope bridge going from the door to somewhere in the distance.

joe_snow_jr
01-18-2002, 01:51 AM
SWEET

dark_lotus
01-21-2002, 10:37 AM
I think that the sky should be a really dark blue, with a sharp curve of clouds, illuminated by the moonlight,

just to add a bit of drama.

Oh well.

Love it anyway

Geode
01-21-2002, 10:52 PM
Wow... havent checked this thread in awhile it seems... heh..
Thanks for all the great suggestions and comments. I like the idea of putting the dragon in and maybe a figure in the foreground on a rock outcrop or something... . And I am working on the sky as we speak, making the clouds more dimensional (or dementia-nal hehe). I'll play with a few ideas and maybe post something later this week

marioucci
01-31-2002, 12:01 PM
holly mama!!!!

its in my reference folder already!!!!!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.