PDA

View Full Version : (d)Arch Angel

MikkoK
04-06-2003, 12:56 AM
My previous thread sucked so here's a small apology. Something I did tonight.

http://www.draconus.com/mikko/michael.jpg

CABRAMACHO
04-06-2003, 01:31 AM
Contrasts of light and composit color ...very best:thumbsup:

MikeRhone
04-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Beautiful...!

What program if I may ask, and how did you do that cool gradiented hair? It looks fantastic!

Mike R

Prs-Phil
04-06-2003, 03:02 AM
looks nice, not to realistic style but still cool ... but I cant see the connection to an angel, like defined in bibel etc. unless thats your interpretation of an archangel. :D

MikkoK
04-06-2003, 11:24 AM
It was done in Painter Classic. It took a couple of hours.

The hair is not created in layers or with any specific gradient technique. Just simple strokes with few different tones. I then used a large low-opacity airbrush to give it some variance.

Hahaha, It's not archangel it's darkangel in case you didn't spell the title. Anyway, he almost has my profile so it's a somewhat twisted self-portrait too :D

M.Rogne
04-06-2003, 07:24 PM
Nice job, man!

MikkoK
04-08-2003, 12:48 AM
I'd like to show you what I've been doing this evening, it's a little shot at more photoreal stuff. I painted a vodka bottle from life. I had it mounted on a box of cd's.

I decided to change the label to my own logo because I'm not a salesman for Swedish booze ;)

http://www.draconus.com/mikko/bottle.jpg

Infidelegation
04-08-2003, 09:41 PM
Dat's sum tight shit mon! Keep it up!!! :buttrock:

BiTMAP
04-08-2003, 09:45 PM
to last poster, learn english its more commanly accepted.

to artwork, WOW I like your style of painting :D The semi detailed strokes are a nice change. however the box that the vodka is sitting on well It doesn't make sence, its got peices everywhich way.

MikkoK
04-09-2003, 12:18 AM
Nice that you noticed, but I painted EXACTLY what I saw.

I had opened the package by tearing it in ways it should not be opened, and it seemed very confusing from the angle I was watching it. Couldn't really agree more with you ;)

baaah888
04-09-2003, 12:46 AM
cool work the portrait one at first glance it looked like david beckham (man U english football player to people who dont know)

like the contrasts :)

the vodka bottle love how you captured the light refraction :thumbsup: , ( mmmmm vodka got me through some hard times we need more art with memory inducing effects :drool: )

BiTMAP
04-09-2003, 01:10 AM
Now that i understand what it is its sitting on it makes a bit more sence :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.