PDA

View Full Version : ReOrdering Attr in the Channel Box

tymznd
04-05-2003, 06:46 AM
Does anyone know if this is possible? I tried using the channel control to move so custom Attrs over as unkeyable and then back but it retains the order in which I created each custom Attr.

dwalden74
04-05-2003, 06:02 PM
No this isnŽt possible. If you do a search on the forum youŽll find a number of threads on this topic. Luckily there is a script on highend that does it however.

:beer:
David

dwalden74
04-06-2003, 11:29 AM
BTW, better attribute management like this is DEFINITELY something AW should implement into Maya ASAP. IŽd also like to see a feature that allows you to transfer and/or copy attributes among objects, with options to duplicate input connections, etc. Sure, all of this can be done with scripts, but the fewer scripts I have to write the faster IŽm gonnaŽ get my work done.

David

Flo
04-06-2003, 12:28 PM
fastest way to modify your attributes is to tweak the ascii file or to get reOrderAttrs.mel from hoighend 3d ,as david already mentioned.

Atwooki
04-22-2003, 01:26 AM
Or you can delete an attribute in the channel box, and then 'undo', and the att. will reappear at the bottom of your atts. list...
(Serves its purpose if re-ordering this way is quicker than sourcing the script:) )

Atwooki

dwalden74
04-22-2003, 09:10 AM
Yeah but this is still no real workflow. AW, please, how about a simple reorder attribute function?!?

David

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.