PDA

View Full Version : Maya 8.5 Complete, license + processor limits please help !

billpayer2005
09-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Hi,

I am about to purchase Maya 8.5 Complete, but I am unclear of it's limitations, due to the AWFUL and incomplete license / cpu information on the Autodesk site.

I will be running Maya Complete on a 8 processor machine. Will I be able to use all the processors when rendering in Maya and Mental Ray ?

Also, what is the practicle difference between Maya 8.5 Complete STANDALONE and NETWORK ($1000 difference in price)

Also are there any render advantage to Maya 2008 ? Will it run on more cpu's (if 8.5 won't)

Thanks for your help !

joit
09-20-2007, 01:44 PM
I will be running Maya Complete on a 8 processor machine. Will I be able to use all the processors when rendering in Maya and Mental Ray ?

Also are there any render advantage to Maya 2008 ? Will it run on more cpu's (if 8.5 won't)

You must be sitting on a damn mean machine!
I use Maya Complete with a 2 quad core procs machine, which makes a total of 8 cores. Works really nice.
Maya 2008 resp. MentalRay 3.6 doesn't use more cores. It might use cores more efficiently...

CGTalk Moderation
09-20-2007, 01:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.