PDA

View Full Version : DT Video Question, How to Move an End Effector's Pivot without Moving the Bones?

Zeusbwr
09-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Ok, i needed to offset an IK Handle and i remembered that one of my Digital Tutors Video covers this very thing. So i opened it up, and i see him simply Select the End Effector, Activate the Move Tool, hit Insert, and move the Effector Pivot. Simple enough.. so i go and do the same thing. But i cannot make it work..

For whatever reason, when i do the exact same steps, my IK Handle/Effector stays where they are, but the Joints themselves start moving in an offsetting fashion. What is with this? How can i move the end effectors pivot without the joints moving on me?

I assume its a setting DT didn't cover, as this same type of thing has happened multiple times, with them leaving out import information (even default settings that need to be changed).

JYoung
09-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Do you have sticky turned on? If so, turn it off. I just did a test and it behaved exactly how you describe.

Zeusbwr
09-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Yup, think thats it, ty :)

Through a long and annoying process i figured out that sticky is not what i need 'on' to get the FK/IK blending working the way i want. Rather, it is to have Snap off that is important. FYI to any other newbies :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-20-2007, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.