PDA

View Full Version : Deletion of particles @ contact with a UDeflector object

tri-aayaami
09-19-2007, 04:45 AM
my scene has particles going down a tube but some particles leak from the tube. to fix this i made a copy of the tube & attached it with the UDeflector making it a deflector. i m not able to figure out how can i delete the particles as soon as they touch the deflector?

thanx in advance.

Bobo
09-19-2007, 06:14 AM
my scene has particles going down a tube but some particles leak from the tube. to fix this i made a copy of the tube & attached it with the UDeflector making it a deflector. i m not able to figure out how can i delete the particles as soon as they touch the deflector?

thanx in advance.

*Add a Collision test operator to the flow.
*Pick the UDeflector as the deflector to use for collisions.
*Drag and drop a Delete operator into Particle View outside of the flow
*Wire the output of the Collision operator with the newly created event

Now, any particle colliding with the UDeflector will be sent out and deleted.

tri-aayaami
09-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Thanx for the info Bobo. For me this seems to work but only to a certain degree. I still have lots of leaking particles. Some particles get deleted & the rest of them are leaking. Any solution for that?

Thanx.

joconnell
09-19-2007, 09:28 AM
up your integration step in the modify panel with your pflow icon selected - if it's set to frame in your viewport it's probably not accurate enough to detect all of the collisions - lower it down to half frame or 1/4 frame and you'll get more calculations per second - it's way more accurate but way more memory heavy.

Glacierise
09-19-2007, 04:00 PM
And take care with UDeflectors, they can kill your perfomance quite quickly :) Generally, you want to create proxies, as low poly as possible, of your real geometry, and use them with UDeflectors.

PiXeL_MoNKeY
09-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Also the collision calulations are based on particle center and not by the geometry of the particle. For that you would probably need some crazy scripting or ToolBox #3.

-Eric

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2007, 04:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.