PDA

View Full Version : 64 bit mental ray crash?

cambomb
09-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Yep! I'm using 64 bit windows, and last night I was rendering out with mental ray, and this morning it crashes every single time i try to render in it. SO I tried copying the mesh into a new project and rendering again, no dice. So i exported indiviual parts of the mesh to see if that would work still crashed.

heres what i'm modeling

http://www.cambomb.com/other/fuc.JPG

I'm not sure what to do, I installed the 64 bit service pack in hopes that it would fix something but that didn't help at all. I deleted the history and froze transforms. I tried making a new project and just made a sphere and rendered out in mental ray and it worked. Theres not a crazy number of polys in this scene as you can see theres only about a couple thousand at most. I'm assuming there is something with the mesh maya doesn't like...but how the heck would i figure out what, and just why in gerenal is mental ray crashing everytime i try to render out?

cambomb
09-18-2007, 06:46 PM
ok the building on the right is the one that causes the crash...i know its a pretty complex building and all...but come on maya...i think you can handle it! Its not even the stairs its just the building itself. I deleted that and it renders again. Is there anything i should look for in the future that might prevent this from happening? I didn't do any crazy manipulations of vertex or anything so i haven't the slightest about what would've caused this to happen?

I've heard 64 bit isn't the best thing to use with mental ray? is there much truth to this?

CGTalk Moderation
09-18-2007, 06:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.