PDA

View Full Version : Mentalray 16 bit file output

viper_07
09-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Hi,

i'm try to render 16 bit image format becus i want to render normal pass using the preset renderlayer override. so as to relight in AE.
however i can't find any 16 bit file format in the list of mentalray output formats. e.g. no TIFF 16 , there are 32 bit but AE doesn't work with 32 that well and th eplugin don't support it.
anyone know how i can do that?

thanks

phix314
09-18-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm not sure, but why not output at 32 and convert to 16 in PS?

sixbysixx
09-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Hi,

i'm try to render 16 bit image format becus i want to render normal pass using the preset renderlayer override. so as to relight in AE.
however i can't find any 16 bit file format in the list of mentalray output formats. e.g. no TIFF 16 , there are 32 bit but AE doesn't work with 32 that well and th eplugin don't support it.
anyone know how i can do that?

thanks

You have to go to the Mental Ray Render Settings Tab -> Framebuffer and set 'Data Type' to RGB(A) (short) 3(4)x16bit and then use the batch renderer (or switch on 'preview convert tiles and switch off preview tonemap tiles in order to get your tmp files as full 16bit)
Of course in the common tab you also have to select a 16bit capable file format...

CGTalk Moderation
09-18-2007, 11:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.